Nautical Teams Up with Canamens to Develop on the UKCS
Nautical Petroleum plc, the developer of heavy oil interests on the UKCS and mainland Europe, announced that it has entered into a farm out agreement with Canamens Energy North Sea Limited whereby Canamens will acquire a 30% interest in the North Sea Block 8/25a.
Under the terms of the agreement, Canamens will fund their ongoing 30% interest of the current well plus a portion of Nautical's costs.
The farm out terms provide for a $20 million cap on the Selkie well expenses against a current estimate of $16 million.
Following the completion of the farm out Nautical will retain a 30% interest and Celtic Oil Limited (wholly owned by SK Energy) will retain a 40% interest. On completion of the well, and subject to partner and BERR approval, Canamens will take on operator responsibility for Block 8/25a.
As announced on the 12 May 2008, Nautical commenced its first exploration well on block 8/25a, which will assess the Selkie prospect.
Following this and previous transactions, Nautical now has an effective 100% financial carry on the current exploration program on Block 8/25a.
Nautical is also in advanced discussions with Canamens regarding further farm-out agreements on Blocks 9/2b and 3/27a, and related announcements will be made in due course when appropriate.
- Egdon Completes PEDL005(R) Farm-Outs (Sep 21)
- Cairn Bids $645M for Nautical Petroleum (Jun 13)
- Nautical Petroleum Spins Bit at Carnaby Well (May 11)
Company: SK Energy more info
- S. Korea's SK Energy Buys First US Crude Oil In Move Away From Middle East (Aug 08)
- Maersk Oil to Purchase Brazilian Assets for $2.4B (Dec 23)
- Gulf United Energy Appoints New Officers (Dec 22)