EnCore Reaches TD on Cobra Appraisal Well
EnCore Oil plc announced that the Company's first operated well, the 48/2c-5, 'Cobra' appraisal well on Southern North Sea block 48/2c, has reached total depth of 11,805ft measured depth and wireline logging has been completed. Ensco 80 was used to drill this well.
Analysis of wireline log data suggests that the Rotliegendes Sandstone reservoir is gas-bearing as expected. However, until a full testing program has been completed there is still uncertainty as to whether this reservoir is capable of delivering significant flow rates. The co-venturers have concluded that the results to date support a decision to flow test the well. It is expected that testing operations will take approximately 14 days subject to operational and weather constraints.
The main objective of the 48/2c-5 well is to establish whether the Rotliegendes Sandstone reservoir is capable of flowing at commercial rates. The well is being drilled up dip from the 48/2-1 well, drilled in 1984, which flowed at 2.7 million cubic feet per day. The original 48/2-1 well was interpreted as having reservoir damage and the Company felt that reservoir performance could be improved by the use of modern drilling and completion techniques.
Alan Booth, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We are pleased to have completed the drilling phase of our first operated well, the results so far are in line with our pre-drill expectations. We look forward to the results of the testing program which will provide critical information about the potential deliverability of the reservoir."
The EnCore operated well is being drilled by the ENSCO 80 jack-up rig and is being managed by Applied Drilling Technology International (ADTI) which has over 20 years' experience in providing 'turnkey' drilling services. EnCore has a 20 per cent. interest, together with co-venturers, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (25 per cent.), Tata Petrodyne Limited (25 per cent.), Norwest Energy (22.5 per cent.) and Challenger Minerals (North Sea) Limited (7.5 per cent.).
Graham Dore B.Sc. (Hons.) in Geology and M.Sc. in Petroleum Geology and EnCore's Exploration Director, who has over 20 years' experience in the oil exploration and production industry, has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this announcement.
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)
Company: Bharat Petroleum more info
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)
Company: Challenger Minerals more info
- Ithaca Preps Stella Appraisal for Drill Stem Test (Mar 29)
- Challenger Minerals Takes Stake in Bentley Field (Mar 05)
- Lundin Strikes O&G at Torphins Prospect (Jul 21)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)
Company: Tata Petrodyne more info
- EnCore Reaches TD on Cobra Appraisal Well (May 12)
- Hardy Announces Prelim 2006 Results (Apr 02)
- EnCore Farms Out Interest in Blocks 48/1b & 48/2c to New UKCS Entrants (Mar 13)