Talisman Gets OK to Drill Wildcat in Block 15/12 Offshore Norway
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Talisman Energy Norge AS a drilling permit for well 15/12-20 S in the North Sea.
The drilling program for well 15/12-20 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license (PL) 038. The area in this license is located in the southern part of block 15/12, and the drilling target is southwest of Varg, which in turn is located south of the Sleipner area in the North Sea.
Production license 038 was awarded as a supplement to the 3rd licensing round in 1975. A total of 19 wells have previously been drilled on the block. The well using the Mærsk Giant jackup, which is currently concluding the drilling of well 7/1-2 in PL 271.
The permit is contingent upon the issuance of all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Talisman is the operator with 65 percent, other particpants are Petoro with 30 percent and Det norske oljeselskap ASA with 5 percent.
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)