Blake International Acquires Pride Platform Rig Fleet
Blake International, LLC has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 12 platform drilling and workover rigs and related equipment from Pride International for $66 million in cash. The purchase includes rigs in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and offshore Mexico. The sale is expected to close on or before July 15, 2008, subject to certain closing conditions.
Blake International and its subsidiaries are wholly owned by Michael E. Blake. Blake will seek to retain nearly all of the platform work force both on and offshore. Blake will continue to operate out of the 44-acre facility located in Houma, La., that it also purchased in this acquisition. Michael Blake is also the managing partner of Blake Offshore, LLC. Blake Offshore operates a fleet of (6) Jackup drilling rigs in the US Gulf including (4) Drilling units, (1) self-propelled workover and (1) Mobile Offshore Production Unit (MOPU).
- Randy Stilley Comes on Board of Paragon Offshore (Feb 04)
- Ensco Completes Pride Acquisition (May 31)
- Pride, Ensco Enter MOU in Merger Lawsuit (May 20)
Company: Blake more info
- Blake International USA Rigs Celebrates First Anniversary, Opens New Office (May 28)
- Blake's Chairman Sells Stake in Company, Waves Good-Bye to Board (Feb 11)
- Blake Offshore Appoints New Board Member (Dec 08)