Shell Perdido to Use Zentech's Aluminum Helideck
Zentech, Inc. announced that it is supplying an Astech enhanced safety aluminum helideck to Delta Engineering Corporation for use on the Shell Perdido Regional Host Spar. Zentech President Ramesh Maini explained "This is the first of its kind for use in the Gulf of Mexico on a US flag vessel."
The helideck features a patented, automatic fire suppression system that assures safer take-offs and landings. The helideck system, manufactured by Aluminium Offshore Pty. Ltd., has been approved by ABS, DNV, BV, Lloyds, and USCG. This and related models have already been installed on over 200 offshore structures and vessels worldwide. "The design offers cost, weight and maintainability advantages, as well as the very effective fire retardant system," said John Hanney, Area Director of United Technologies Sikorsky. The helideck includes a parking and landing area capable of accommodating two helicopters simultaneously.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Zentech, Inc. more info
- Zentech Introduces the Z-210 Liftboat (Dec 18)
- Shell Perdido to Use Zentech's Aluminum Helideck (May 07)
- Zentech to Provide Project Management for Newbuild Jackup (Sep 06)