Keppel FELS Secures Order for a $512 Million Rig from ENSCO
Keppel FELS Limited (Keppel FELS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited (Keppel O&M), has secured a contract to build a US$512 million ultra-deepwater semisubmersible (semi) drilling rig from a subsidiary of ENSCO International Incorporated (ENSCO).
To be delivered in the second half of 2011, the ENSCO 8504 will be the fifth consecutive semi that Keppel FELS is constructing for ENSCO.
Mr Daniel W. Rabun, Chairman, President and CEO of ENSCO said, "We see the deepwater market as a significant catalyst for our future growth, and we are expanding our deepwater fleet to meet the sustained market demand.
"We are very pleased that all five of our new ENSCO 8500 Series semisubmersible rigs are being built by Keppel FELS. Having constructed all our recent newbuild jackups, Keppel FELS has been the largest contributor in helping us create our premier rig fleet."
Mr Choo Chiau Beng, Chairman and CEO of Keppel O&M, said, "It is our privilege to participate in the growth of ENSCO's fleet of rigs. I am glad that ENSCO continues to entrust us also with construction, rig repair, modification and upgrading jobs. We remain fully committed to support them.
"This win-win relationship that we have with ENSCO is something that we want to replicate with our other customers. Customer service has always been our top priority. We will spare no effort to enhance our operational performance to ensure on-time and on-budget deliveries."
Keppel FELS has delivered nine new jackup rigs to ENSCO and, in addition to ENSCO 8504, it is constructing four semis based on ENSCO's proprietary design.
The ENSCO 8504 is capable of drilling in up to 8,500 feet of water. Her features include a two million pound quad derrick, offline pipe handling capability, 35,000ft drilling capacity, and station keeping capabilities meeting DP2 requirements. With these features, the 8500 Series rigs will be especially well-suited for deepwater development drilling.
ENSCO, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, owns and operates a modern fleet of offshore drilling rigs servicing the petroleum industry on a global basis.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)