Keppel AmFELS Delivers Another Rig to Scorpion on Schedule
Keppel AmFELS Inc., the US wholly-owned subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited (Keppel O&M), has delivered its third jackup drilling rig Offshore Resolute for Scorpion Offshore (Scorpion).
The Offshore Resolute is one of five LeTourneau Super 116 jackup rigs that were commissioned by Scorpion in 2005. The first two, Offshore Courageous and Offshore Defender, were timely delivered in 2007, the fourth and fifth are expected to be completed later in 2008 and 2009 respectively.
Each rig incorporates a 70 ft cantilever, the maximum reach currently available for all but a few harsh environment units. The rigs are also capable of working in 350 ft of water as outfitted or in water of depths up to 400 ft through the installation of additional leg sections. Each rig will have a drilling depth of approximately 30,000 feet.
Besides the Scorpion rigs, Keppel AmFELS is also in the midst of building jackup rigs for Diamond Offshore, Atwood Oceanics, Perforadora Central and Rowan Companies.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)
Company: LeTourneau Inc. more info
- MTNW Completes Winch Retrofit on 2 Rowan Jackups (Mar 13)
- Cameron Completes Acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies (Oct 25)
- Lamprell's Revenue Up 29.3% in First Half of 2008 (Sep 29)