StatoilHydro Awards Seismic Contract in Canada
StatoilHydro and partners award Canadian seismic contract to CGG Veritas.
StatoilHydro Canada Ltd. and partners will carry out a large multipurpose seismic survey in the Jeanne d'Arc Basin off the East Coast of Newfoundland and Labrador in the spring and summer of 2008. The 2500 square kilometer survey will comprise 3D and 4D seismic surveys and will take approximately 140 days.
StatoilHydro will operate the southern part of the survey area covering exploration licenses 1100 and 1101 as well as the Petro-Canada operated Terra Nova production licenses. Husky Energy will operate the northern part of the survey, which includes the White Rose production license. StatoilHydro expects substantial synergies by cooperating on this large-scale seismic survey.
The vessel M/V "Veritas Vantage" will arrive in St. John's harbor this weekend for final preparations before starting the survey.
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: CGG Veritas more info
- CGGVeritas Buys Petrodata Consulting (Apr 22)
- Comesa Taps Sercel for Unite Cable-Free Acquisition System in Mexico (Jun 25)
- Seismic Vessel Pacific Titan Kicks Off Surveys in NZ Basins (Dec 01)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)