Otto Makes Sixth Gas Discovery in Turkey
Joint venture partners Otto Energy and Incremental Petroleum announced the confirmation of several gas bearing intervals in Ortakci-1 exploration well, the third of a 5-well drilling program currently underway in the Edirne Licence in Western Turkey.
--Ortakci-1 encountered approximately 20m net gas pay intervals located between 238m and 332m, with excellent porosity averaging 25%.
--Ortakci-1 was drilled to a total depth of 524m and the present operation is running casing for flow testing once drilling of all five wells is completed.
--Ortakci-1 is the largest and western-most of the 17 structures mapped on the 2007 3D seismic, covering an area of approximately 3 sq km.
--The drilling rig will now be moved to the 4th well site Arpaci-2, an updip appraisal well of the Arpaci-1 discovery made in 2006.
The 5-well program is designed to prove up significant volumes of gas to enable a combination of these gas discoveries to be placed on production by mid-2009.
The partners in the Edirne Gas project are Otto Energy 35%, Incremental Petroleum 55%, and Turkish partner and Joint Operator Petraco 10%.
Commenting on the news Alex Parks, CEO of Otto Energy said: "This is another excellent result - with a total of six new-field gas discoveries now made from six wells drilled since Otto acquired the Edirne licence in 2004. These small gas fields are relatively close together and can be developed through a central development hub. We look forward to commercializing these discoveries once the drilling and testing program has been completed by end June 2008 …."
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Incremental Petroleum more info
- TransAtlantic Petroleum Snaps Up Incremental Petroleum (Mar 06)
- Incremental Nods TransAtlantic's Increased Takeover Bid (Feb 12)
- TransAtlantic Australia Increases Takeover Bid for Incremental (Feb 05)