BG Group Proposal to Acquire Origin Energy
BG Group plc ("BG Group"), a global integrated gas major, has approached Origin Energy Limited ("Origin"), Australia's largest integrated energy company, with a proposal to acquire all of the shares in Origin at a cash price of A$14.70 per share.
The proposal is subject to shareholder and regulatory approvals and other terms and conditions common to transactions of this type.
Origin has not yet considered the proposal. Discussions between the parties will take place and shareholders will be advised of the outcome.
BG Group advises that it intends that its cash requirement for the proposal will be met from existing cash reserves and debt financing provided by a syndicate of banks.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)