SCAN Geophysical Receives LOI from PetroVietnam
SCAN Geophysical ASA (SCAN) has received confirmation and a Letter of Intent (LOI) from PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation for its new ice class, four-streamer, dual purpose vessel, the M/V SCAN Stigandi. The vessel is scheduled to acquire approximately 4,000 km of 2D data for PetroVietnam in the Caribbean region, with mobilization towards the end of May / beginning of June 2008.
The M/V SCAN Stigandi was outfitted by Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, Canada, and scheduled for release from the shipyard in time for this survey. This modern seismic vessel is equipped to handle four streamers for 3D applications and long-offset, large source configurations for 2D surveys worldwide."SCAN is especially pleased to make this announcement because it is a double first for the company," said Kjell Karlsson, vice president of sales and marketing. "This will be the first contract for the new M/V SCAN Stigandi and it will be the first job for this client," he explained.
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)