Keppel FELS Delivers Ocean Shield to Diamond Offshore
Keppel FELS has delivered its KFELS Super B Class jackup, Ocean Shield, to Diamond Offshore.
The Ocean Shield marks the 20th KFELS B Class drilling rig constructed by Keppel FELS since the launch of this design in 2000. It will also be the first of two KFELS B Class designed rigs commissioned by Diamond Offshore in 2005. The second is being built by Keppel FELS sister company, Keppel AmFELS in Brownsville, Texas, USA.
The KFELS Super B Class rigs are an enhanced version of the KFELS B Class and are equipped with cantilever skid-off capabilities and high capacity hook loads of two million pounds for operation in extreme high-temperature and high-pressure wells.
Hailed as one of the world's deepest drilling rigs of its class, the Ocean Shield will be capable of operating in water depths of up to 350 feet.
The rig is currently preparing for its first assignment. Additionally, Diamond Offshore's Victory-class semisubmersible, the Ocean Monarch, is being upgraded to an ultra deepwater drilling unit, capable of drilling in water depths of up to 10,000 feet, at Keppel FELS and is due for completion late in 2008.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)