StatoilHydro Gets Green Light to Use Scarabeo 5 on Kristin
StatoilHydro has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to use the Scarabeo 5 semisub to drill a pilot well on the Q template on the Kristin field.
StatoilHydro has used the Scarabeo 5 for drilling and completion of wells on the Kristin field since 2003.
The company currently has consent to complete drilling activities related to the subsea templates N, P, S and R.
The new consent is an extension of the existing consent and applies to drilling on the Q template.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)