Seadrill Covering Its Bases with Pride
At present, Seadrill owns 200,000 Pride International Inc. common shares and has entered into forwards under which it would acquire 16,300,000 Pride International Inc. common shares when the forwards settle. Seadrill has filed a Hart-Scott-Rodino notification so as to permit it to settle the forwards and acquire the 16,300,000 common shares covered by the forwards.
Based on yesterday's closing share price of Pride on the New York Stock Exchange, Seadrill's exposure, including the shares covered by the forwards, has a gross value of some US$708 million which includes approximately US$140 million in unrealized gains. Seadrill has written to Pride and asked for a meeting to discuss potential strategic benefits for both parties of a transaction between the two companies.
- Randy Stilley Comes on Board of Paragon Offshore (Feb 04)
- Ensco Completes Pride Acquisition (May 31)
- Pride, Ensco Enter MOU in Merger Lawsuit (May 20)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill Postpones Court Hearing For Restructuring Talks (Jan 25)
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)