Santos Drills Duster at Johnson-1
Joint venture partner Tap Oil reports that the Johnson-1 well has reached a total depth of approximately 3,100 meters measured depth. The target reservoir was intersected as prognosed but no shows were encountered and the well will be plugged and abandoned as a dry hole.
The Johnson-1 well is located in exploration permit WA-358-P, approximately 15 kilometers west of the Woollybutt Oil Field and 20 kilometers north of the Griffin Oil Field offshore Australia. The well was drilling using the Songa Mercur.
The Johnson-1 well targeted an oil prospect at the Top Barrow objective which has proven successful in the nearby Woollybutt, Griffin and Chinook/Scindian fields. The lack of success at Johnson-1 is disappointing however Tap had mitigated its exposure to this outcome by farming down its equity prior to drilling from 25% to 12.5%, in return for a carry on the cost of the well.
WA-358-P joint venture participants are Santos Offshore Pty as operator with 37.5%; Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd with 12.5%; OMV Barrow Pty Ltd with 25% and Nippon Oil Exploration (Dampier) Pty Ltd with 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)