Harriet JV Spuds Marley-2
The Harriet Joint Venture reports that the Marley-2 exploration has been spud by the Ensco 106 jackup. The well is located in permit TL/5 offshore Australia west-southwest of the existing Campbell Platform and 143 meters north of Marley-1.
Marley-2 is a vertical exploration well designed to test the Jurassic sandstones that were not reached by the Marley-1 well, drilled December 2005 / January 2006. Drilling is estimated to take approximately 48 days to reach the expected total depth of 4,100 meters subsea.
Marley-2 is adjacent to existing joint venture infrastructure and is a high impact well, with the potential to more than double Tap's reserves.
TL/5 joint venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.22295 and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)