Partners Sidetrack Banda NW Well
Roc Oil reports that the Banda NW appraisal well located offshore Mauritania had been plugged back to 1,078 mBRT and a sidetrack well, Banda NW ST-1, commenced and drilled to 2,284 mBRT.Wireline pressure data in Banda NW-1 had indicated penetration of a gas column, but as uncertainty existed concerning the location of fluid contacts, a sidetrack borehole was initiated.
The forward program is to drill the sidetrack to further evaluate the hydrocarbon column in a more favorable structural position. The well is being drilled by the Atwood Hunter semisub.
Participating interests in the PSC Area B Joint Venture are Petronas Carigali as operator with 53.846%; Roc Oil with 3.693%; Tullow Oil with 21.6%; Mauritania Holdings BV with 11.6305 and Premier Oil with 9.231%.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)