Petrobras Joins Hull and Topsides for P-51 Platform
On Saturday, April 19th, Petrobras completed the deck mating procedure for platform P-51, the first semisubmersible platform built entirely in Brazil. Deck mating is a huge operation carried out to join the unit's hull to its topside. This maneuver was carried out in one day at the BrasFels shipyard, in Angra dos Reis – RJ, proving Brazilian naval engineering capacity and Petrobras' technology for deepwater production projects.
With investments of approximately $830 million, the P-51 was built by the FSTP (Keppel Fels and Technip) consortium in the cities of Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Itaguai, and Angra dos Reis. Today, after deck mating completion, the platform will enter its final construction and integration phase at the BrasFels shipyard, in Angra. Its hull was the first to be built in Brazil for a semisubmersible platform. The job has already surpassed the minimum national content requirements, at a rate of nearly 70%, and generated more than 4,800 direct jobs.
The platform is expected to leave the BrasFels shipyard towards its installation site in September and to kick off operations late this year in the Marlim Sul field, in the Campos Basin. The unit will be able to process and treat 180,000 barrels of oil and 6,000,000 cubic meters of gas, and to inject some 45,000 cubic meters of water in the reservoir per day.
Even after platform P-51 sails away to its location, another 4,800 jobs will be generated with the construction work for P-56. This new platform will be a clone of the P-51 and is expected to go online, also in the Campos Basin, in 2010. The same companies in charge of building the P-51 were hired to construct the P-56, since one project is a copy of the other. This will allow production to be anticipated at Marlim Sul.P-51 data Weight: 48,000 tons Length x width: 125 x 110 m Oil production: 180,000 barrels of oil/day Gas compression: 6,000,000 m3/day Water injection: 45,000 cubic meters of water/day Power generation: 100 MW (enough energy to light a city of 293,000 inhabitants) Water depth: 1,225 m Risers: 85 Producer / injector wells: 17 / 12 Anchoring lines: 16 Accommodations: 200 people Operational draft: 27.5 m Displacement: 85,000 ton
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)