FloaTEC Hires Huang as Director, Engineering
FloaTEC, LLC, the JV between J. Ray McDermott and Keppel FELS targeting the deepwater floating production systems (FPS) market, has hired a key industry veteran to head up its engineering group and further strengthen its engineering competency relative to FPS hull and mooring systems.
Edward Huang is well known in FPS circles, having played a key role in the development of the proprietary Extended TLP (ETLP) design while at ABB, which was subsequently acquired by J. Ray McDermott and Keppel FELS and has become one of the core solutions offered by FloaTEC. With over thirty years of experience in the ocean engineering field, Edward has held key project engineering and management positions leading the detail engineering design of Tension Leg Platforms, Semi-submersibles, Spar and FPSO floaters. He holds numerous patents and has written several papers and articles on deepwater floating production systems. Edward has a strong technical background in global performance analysis, single and multi-body system analysis, global tendon fatigue, dry transportation, platform installation analysis and installation site support, software development, and model testing.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: FloaTEC more info
- Floatec Installs P-61 TLWP in Papa Terra Field in the Campos Basin (Apr 10)
- Chevron Taps FloaTEC for Big Foot ETLP (Dec 10)
- FloaTEC Inks LOI with Petrobras for P-61 Platform (Oct 09)