Appraisal Operations Begin In Equatorial Guinea's Block I
Appraisal drilling has commenced on the Benita discovery located in Block I in Equatorial Guinea. Results are expected to be available in the late second or early third quarter 2008.
The technical operator Noble Energy has spudded the appraisal well I-5 on Block I with the Sedco 700 semisub. The well will appraise the extent of the oil and gas discovery made by the wells I-1 and I-2 earlier drilled on the Benita structure.
This is the first well that is being drilled by the Sedco 700 as part of a two well program in Block I during the second quarter of 2008.
PA Resources has a 6 percent working interest in Block I, through its fully owned subsidiary Osborne Resources. The operator is Noble Energy (40 percent) and the other partners are Atlas Petroleum International (29 percent) and Glencore (25 percent).
- Noble, Delek Seek Rights To EMG Pipeline For Egypt Natgas Supply (Mar 07)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
Company: PA Resources more info
- PA Resources Completes Divestment of North Sea Assets (Mar 24)
- PA Resources Welcomes New CEO (May 15)
- Noble Finds Oil at Carla South (May 02)