ExxonMobil Extends Contracts on Two Seadrill Rigs
Reference is made to the previously agreed contracts awarded by ExxonMobil regarding the semisub West Aquarius and the deepwater drillship West Polaris.
ExxonMobil has exercised the option to extend the contract for West Aquarius from three to four years. Estimated contract value for West Aquarius for the full four-year period is approximately US$750 million, up from approximately US$579 million for the three-year period, including escalation from initial contract award up to present date.
In addition, ExxonMobil has awarded Seadrill one additional year to the existing three-year term for West Polaris. The contract value for the additional year is approximately US$219 million, bringing the total contract value for West Polaris for the four-year period to approximately US$815 million, including escalation from initial contract award up to present date.
West Polaris is currently under construction at Samsung Shipyard in South Korea, and West Aquarius is currently under construction at DSME (Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering) in South Korea
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)