NPD Issues Drilling Permits To StatoilHydro For West Alpha
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6407/8-4 A, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6407/8-4S will be drilled from the West Alpha drilling facility.
The drilling programme for wellbore 6407/8-4 A relates to the drilling of a sidetrack in production licence 348. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with 20%. The other licensees are Gaz de France Norge AS with 20%, Norwegian Energy Company (Noreco) ASA with 17.5%, E.ON Ruhrgas Norge AS with 17.5%, Endeavour Energy Norge AS with 7.5% and Petoro AS with 7.5%.
The acreage in this production licence is located approximately 9 km north-west of Draugen and approximately 150 kilometres north of Kristiansund and covers parts of the blocks 6407/8 and 6407/9. Production licence 348 was awarded in APA in 2004 with Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS as operator. Two exploration wells have been drilled in the production licence.
Wellbore 6407/8-4 A will be drilled from the West Alpha semi-submersible drilling facility, once the drilling of wellbore 6407/8-4S is complete.
The drilling permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling commences.
StatoilHydro also received a drilling permit for wellbore 6407/8-4 S, which will also be drilled from West Alpha.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: E.ON more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)