NEC, Petrobras Granted Green Light To Drill Offshore, South Of Manati
Norse Energy Corp, in partnership with Petrobras (Operator), Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and El Paso announce that the consortium was granted with the environmental license to drill exploration wells in the BM-CAL-6 block.
The first well (Peroba) will be drilled about 20 km offshore, in Bahia state, and about 130 km south of the Manati field. The water depth at this location is around 1170 meters and the drilling rig will be operated by Petrobras. The main target of this prospect is expected around 2800 meters of depth. Petrobras has already committed a drilling rig for this well.
Spud date and expected drilling time will be announced later.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)