MMS Receives 793 Bids on 561 Tracts in GOM Lease Sale 185
The U.S. Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service Gulf of Mexico Outer Continental Shelf Region has received 793 bids from 66 companies on 561 tracts offered in the Central Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale 185.
A consortium of Hunt Petroleum (AEC), Inc. Cheyenne International Corp and Energy Partners, ltd made the highest bid for a block at $8,216,885 for South Marsh Island 109. There were $315,531,229 in apparent high bids. Kerr-McGee had the most high bids with 63. Newfield came in second place with 51 high bids. Other high bidders included BHP Billiton with 50; Chevron U.S.A. with 41; Magnum Hunter with 40 and Murphy Exploration and Production with 35.
Last year, there were 697 bids for 506 tracts in the same region, which is located off the coasts of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Energy Partners, Ltd. more info
- W&T Sells South Timbalier Stake to Energy Partners (May 15)
- Energy Partners Concludes Acquisition of GOM Properties (Feb 15)
- Energy Partners Regains Supplemental Waiver Status from MMS (May 03)
Company: Kerr-McGee Corp. more info
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Magnum Hunter Resources more info
- As US Shale Drillers Suffer, Even The Bankrupt Keep Pumping Oil (Apr 01)
- Shale's Running Out of Survival Tricks as OPEC Ramps Up Pressure (Dec 28)
- Magnum Hunter Latest Oil Producer To Seek Bankruptcy (Dec 15)
Company: Newfield Exploration Company more info
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)