Dong Gets Consent to Drill with Maersk Guardian
DONG E&P Norge A/S has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 1/3-11 with the Maersk Guardian jackup.
The well belongs to Production Licence 274 and is located about 290 kilometers southwest of Stavanger.
Water depth in the area is about 72 meters. The well’s UTM coordinates are 482978E and 6300813N.
Maersk Guardian is operated by Maersk Contractors Norge AS. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance on Nov. 1, 2002.
In accordance with the application for consent, Dong will start drilling operations in April 2008. The activities are expected to have a duration of 65 days.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 6 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)