Energy XXI to Earn 20% in GOM Exploration Well
Energy XXI (Bermuda) Ltd said it has entered into a deal with McMoRan Exploration Company (MMR) to earn a 20 percent working interest in the South Timbalier Block 168 No. 1 exploration well, in the relatively shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico shelf.
The company said it will pay up to $5.5 million for the right to participate in the re-entry of South Timbalier Block 168 and for a share of the additional acreage.
Current Blackbeard West participants include MMR -- the operator -- with a 32.3 percent working interest, Energy XXI with 20 percent and Plains Exploration Company with 35 percent, it added.
Energy XXI said it has begun drilling or had scheduled within the next few months to spud six prospects with net unrisked reserves potential totalling nearly 50 million barrels of oil equivalent, adding the volumes for third quarter ended March 31 are estimated to have averaged more than 26,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
- McMoRan Touts 'Sizable Reserves' at Sub-Salt, Ultra-Deep Trend (Feb 20)
- McMoRan Preps Davy Jones Well for Fracking Ops (Jan 31)
- McMoRan's Latest Efforts at Davy Jones Site Meet 'Limited Success' (Dec 28)
Company: Energy XXI more info
- Energy XXI Gulf Coast Names New CEO (Apr 18)
- Houston Court Cuts into Delaware's Bankruptcy Business (May 11)
- Chesapeake Gets Credit Lifeline But Troubles Remain (Apr 15)