On the Trail: TGS Acquires New Aerogravity Survey for Vietnam
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA (TGS) has begun acquisition of Phase II of the Mekong Delta Aeromagnetic and Aerogravity Project.
Phase I, acquired, processed and interpreted during 2007 comprised 46,000 square kilometers of non-exclusive aeromagnetic data in the Mekong Delta area of Vietnam. The second phase, over the same area, will comprise aerogravity and infill aeromagnetic data. The survey is supported by industry pre-funding and is being carried out in collaboration with Petrovietnam.
"We were greatly encouraged by the data acquired during Phase I. Interpretation of this magnetic data suggested a network of intersecting northeast and northwest-trending faults defining a series of horsts and grabens and indicating significant basin fill," says Paul Gilleran, TGS General Manager Asia-Pacific region.
"The Phase II data will help explorationists define the basin architecture and undertake a preliminary assessment of the petroleum potential of this frontier, under-explored area," he said.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)