Stratic Snags First Gas from Ayazli Field Offshore Turkey
Stratic Energy Corporation announces that gas production commenced last Friday from its Ayazli gas field, in the Black Sea offshore Turkey.
Ayazli is the third gas field to start production under Phase 1 of the South Akcakoca Sub Basin development; the Akkaya and East Ayazli gas fields commenced production last year. Initial flow rates from Ayazli support operator estimates that production from the field will average over 10 mmscf per day. Production from the two existing fields has recently been around 17 mmscf per day, gross.
Operator TPAO has also started well intervention operations to add further perforations on the East Ayazli-2 well, in order to increase production from that field.
Stratic's interest in the relevant licences offshore Turkey is 12.25%, and the operator is TPAO.
- KOGAS Says Starts Commercial Crude Oil Production in Iraq's Badra (Sep 01)
- Turkey's TPAO Signs $1.5B Deal To Buy Total's Stake In Azeri Gas Project (May 30)
- Turkey's TPAO Says In Talks With Exxon, OMV, MOL For Joint Oil Exploration (Feb 19)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)