Lundin Norway Signs Rig Contract for Unit Transocean Winner
Lundin Norway AS a wholly owned subsidiary of Lundin Petroleum AB, in partnership with Marathon Petroleum Company (Norway) AS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marathon Oil Corporation and Talisman Energy Norge AS, has entered into a rig contract for the Transocean Winner semi-submersible rig from Transocean Offshore (North Sea) LTD NUF.
The duration of the contract is in excess of three years and the rig utilization to be shared equally between the three operators Lundin Petroleum, Marathon and Talisman as dictated by a separate rig sharing agreement. The contract will commence in August 2009 and the contract value is approximately $500 million USD. This rig contract will allow Lundin Petroleum to further pursue a proactive exploration, appraisal and development strategy on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum comments, "Lundin Norway has developed an exciting portfolio of exploration and appraisal prospects in Norway. The Transocean Winner contract and the existing Songa Dee rig contract will give us two and a half years of rig capacity from 2009. We therefore anticipate an aggressive exploration and appraisal programme going forward in Norway."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)