NOC Libya Chairman Meets with President of Petrobras
A meeting was held on March 10, 2008 between Dr. Shokri Ghanem, Chairman of NOC and Mr. Jose Sergio Gabrielli de Azevedo, President of the Brazilian Oil Company, Petrobras, who was accompanied by a number of the company's executives and the Brazilian Ambassador to Libya, H.E. Mr. Luciano Aroza. Also in attendance from NOC were, Mr. A. Mesallati, Management Committee Member for Investment & JV Follow-up, Mr. A. Aoun, Management Committee Member for Planning & Studies, Mr. M. Al-Ahwal, Manager of the Management Boards and Management Committee Affairs Dept. and Mr. A. Shebani, Chairman of the Owners' Management Committee of Petrobras-Libya.
The meeting reviewed the progress of Petrobras' activities in Libya and its future plans regarding development of its scientific activities, oil investment, training and technology transfer, especially given that Petrobras owns and manages a University in Brazil, specializing in oil & gas.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)