NPD Issues Drilling Permit to StatoilHydro for West Alpha Rig
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6507/11-9, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6507/11-9 will be drilled from the West Alpha drilling facility.
The drilling programme for wellbore 6507/11-9 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 263. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with 40 per cent and StatoilHydro ASA and Bayerngas Norge AS are partners with 30 per cent each.
The acreage in the production licence is located 230 kilometres north-northwest of Kristiansund and consists of the blocks 6607/10 and 6607/11. Production licence 263 was awarded in 2000 in the 16th licensing round with Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS as operator.
Wildcat well 6507/11-9 is the third well in production licence 263.
The drilling permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling commences.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)