Fugro Awarded Surveying Contract in Mexico
Fugro, in conjunction with long-time associates, Constructora Subacuatica Diavaz, S.A. de C.V., has been awarded a large, multi-site high resolution geophysical and geotechnical survey by Mexico's national oil company PEMEX. Overall value of the contract is USD 40 million (approximately EUR 27 million). Work is expected to begin this month.
While the majority of the studies are in shallow water, a portion is in water depths ranging up to 1,600 metres. This will be the first geophysical/geotechnical studies performed in Mexican territorial waters at these depths.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)