Technip Awarded Contract for Two Field Developments in the North Sea
Technip has been awarded by Petrofac Energy Developments Ltd (Petrofac) a contract, worth approximately EUR36 million, for the development of the Don West and Don South West oil fields. These fields are located 150 miles off Shetland, in the United Kingdom North Sea and will be tied back to the Northern Producer floating production facility.
Technip's operating center in Aberdeen (Scotland) will execute the contract.
It covers project management, assembly and installation of a production pipeline, a gas lift pipeline, a water injection pipeline and an oil export pipeline; installation of a subsea structure, eight flexible risers and two umbilicals, and pre-commissioning, tie-ins and testing.
Offshore installation is scheduled for the third quarter 2008 using two vessels from Technip's fleet, the Apache and the Wellservicer. The pipelines will be welded at the Group’s spoolbase in Evanton, Scotland.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)