Shell Opens Farm-in Bidding for Offshore Denmark Gita Prospect
Shell has opened up bidding for companies to farm-in on an exploratory drilling operation in licenses 9/06 (Gita) and 9/95 (Maja), according to IndigoPool. Currently, Shell holds 36.8% equity in the two licenses, with Maersk working as operator at 31.2% and Chevron at 12% equity. Other partners are DONG which holds 20% in license 9/95 and the Danish Offshore Fund with 20% in license 9/06.
The Gita prospect is located offshore Denmark in an extension of the Central North Sea Graben, a highly productive HPHT region. Estimated holding potential is as high as 2.5 trillion cubic feet of gas. Shell has already acquired a rig to test the prospect, with spudding expected to occur mid-2008.
Shell is accepting bids directly with an April 28, 2008 deadline.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)