StatoilHydro Granted Permit for Wildcat Well in License 271
StatoilHydro has been granted a drilling permit to drill wildcate well 7/1-2 in production license 271. The acreage in this license consists of block 7/1 in the southern part of the North Sea.Production license 271 was awarded in 2002 (NSA2001). This is the first well to be drilled in the acreage in the production license and will be drilled by the Maersk Giant.
The drilling permit presumes that other permits and consents required by other authorities are secured before the drilling activity commences.
Partners in License 271 are StatoilHydro as operator with 40%; Norwegian Energy Company ASA with 30% and Talisman Energy Norge AS with the other 30%.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)