Heritage to Spud 'High-Impact' Ugandan Well
Heritage Oil confirms that it expects to spud the high-impact Kingfisher-2 appraisal/exploration well in the second quarter of 2008. The operator of the neighbouring Block 2 licence, Tullow Oil, is releasing the Nabors 221 drilling rig and preparations have begun to prepare to mobilise the rig to the Kingfisher-2 site.
The Kingfisher-2 well will appraise the reservoir zones discovered by the Kingfisher-1 well, which was completed in 2007 and tested approximately 13,900 bopd. These productive zones were secondary objectives, since the primary, deeper target was not reached for reasons related to rig performance.
The Kingfisher-2 well will be drilled using the more capable Nabors 221 rig, and in addition to appraising the previous discoveries will explore the original, deeper primary objective.
- Kina Petroleum to Exit Papua New Guinea License (Mar 24)
- Heritage Oil Fails to Find Gas at Kwila-1 Prospect in Papua New Guinea (Jul 09)
- Kina Petroleum Updates on Kwila-1 Exploration Drilling in PPL 337 in PNG (Jul 08)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)