Noble Denton Achieves Fast-Track Success
Noble Denton Group, a leading global offshore and marine consulting firm, has joined an elite group of British businesses as it secures 59th place in this year's Sunday Times Deloitte Buyout Track 100 list.
Now in its second year, the prestigious league table ranks Britain's top 100 private equity-backed mid-market companies with the fastest growing profits (EBITDA) over two years. The research analyses the profit performance of private equity-backed companies, rather than just the buyout deals.
Noble Denton is one of 12 energy firms on the list and achieved 39.9% annual profit growth in 2006. The company joined forces with two Norwegian private equity firms, HitecVision and Ferncliff TIH in the same year. Each took a combined 60% stake in a new parent company, Noble Denton Group Limited, with management and employees retaining the remaining 40% shareholding.
The announcement of a number of key acquisitions in recent months, including Lowe Offshore International Ltd, Poseidon Maritime Ltd and Bomel Ltd, and the creation of an in-house mergers and acquisitions team, sends out a strong statement to the industry of Noble Denton's intentions to accelerate its growth to achieve critical mass scale to become an attractive contender in the public market.
The company, which currently employs more than 400 people, is an independent, market-leading firm of consultants offering an integrated range of marine and engineering consultancy services to the global shipping, insurance and offshore energy industries. The group is established in key oil and gas locations across Europe, Middle East, Americas and Far East and was founded on the basis of combining practical seafaring expertise with advanced engineering analytical skills.
David Sutton, chief executive officer of Noble Denton Group, said: "We are delighted to be included in the Buyout Track 100 list along with other successful British businesses. This achievement is further proof that Noble Denton's track record of considerable growth and ambition has been recognised both within our own industry arena and beyond.
"This is a hugely exciting time for the Group and financial support and expert guidance from our investors has allowed Noble Denton to pursue its business plans much more aggressively and our vision is to provide a client-focused and fully integrated global marine and engineering consultancy service to the energy industry."
Mark Pacitti, partner in corporate finance at Deloitte, the title sponsor of the league table, praised the private equity-backed stars, "This research shows the success private equity-backed businesses have had in Britain. Private equity houses have been huge supporters of British businesses and we expect this trend to continue in 2008."
- DNV GL's Unit Helps CNOOC Perform First DP Floatover Installation in China (Jun 16)
- GL Noble Denton Welcomes Executive VP of Americas (Jul 18)
- Industry Officials: Energy Sector Faces Shortage in Skilled Professionals (Jun 11)