ProspEx Hits Gas Pay Intervals at Devonian Wabamun Zone
ProspEx Resources Ltd. is providing an operational update with respect to certain projects within its winter 2008 drilling program.
At Edson, the 8-13-54-19W5 well was drilled out of intermediate casing last week and deepened approximately 204 meters into the target Devonian Wabamun zone. The open-hole section was wireline logged and a liner has now been run to total depth. The working interest partners in this well are sufficiently encouraged to proceed with completion of the gas pay intervals indicated by mud gas shows and the wireline logs. Completion operations are to commence this week. The partners in the well are Duvernay Oil Corp. (65%) and ProspEx Resources Ltd. (35%).
At Salter, a horizontal well has been drilled and completed in the Mississippian Rundle Group in a foothills structure. An extended flow test is currently underway, with initial flow rates of approximately 4.8 million cubic feet per day at a flowing tubing pressure of 1,410 pounds per square inch after more than four days of flow from this well. ProspEx has a 40% working interest in the production from this well.
- Shell: North American Natural Gas Production Will Grow (Oct 06)
- Exxon Unveils Big Canadian Natural Gas Field (Jul 10)
- Shell Canada's Subsidiary Cinches Acquisition of Duvernay (Aug 22)
Company: ProspEx Resources Ltd. more info
- ProspEx Completes Brazeau HZ Well (Apr 05)
- ProspEx Completes Third East Kakwa Horizontal Well (Feb 18)
- Flow Test at East Kakwa Project Exceeds Expectations (Jan 11)