Anadarko Looks for Oil in Brazil's Pre-Salt Area
Anadarko will start oil exploration of Brazil's pre-salt area, reported Valor newspaper. The company plans to begin drilling in both the BM-C-30 block in the Campos Basin and the BM-ES-24 block in the Espirito Santo Basin.
Although extracting this oil may pose a technological feat, Brazil's Petrobras has predicted that the pre-salt area offshore Brazil harbors such a vast amount of oil reserves that the country could become a major oil exporter because of it. Waters in the area reach 2,000 meters, and the oil is located below 3,000 meters of rock and sand, as well as a 2,000-meter layer of salt.
Devon Oil Corp., EnCana Corp. and SK Energy Co. of South Korea are joint venture partners in the BM-C-30 block. Petrobras and EncCana hold interest in the BM-ES-24 block.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Devon Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Devon Energy 3Q Profit Beats Estimates (Oct 31)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: SK Energy more info
- S. Korea's SK Energy Buys First US Crude Oil In Move Away From Middle East (Aug 08)
- Maersk Oil to Purchase Brazilian Assets for $2.4B (Dec 23)
- Gulf United Energy Appoints New Officers (Dec 22)