ONGC Awards L&T a $314M Contract for Mumbai High South
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has been awarded a Rs.12,500-million (U.S. $314 million) turnkey fast track project by Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), India.
L&T will have single-point responsibility for the complete engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of the offshore platforms. The project comprises building three smart well platforms, subsea interconnecting pipelines, subsea cables and topside modifications for the Mumbai High South field. It will involve 15,000 tonnes of topside and jackets, 58 kilometers of subsea pipelines and 22 kilometers of subsea cables, in addition to many state-of-the-art facilities. It is to be completed by April 2009.
L&T will carry out the engineering design at its subsidiary L&T Valdel in Bangalore, and fabrication will be carried out at L&T's shore-based manufacturing complex at Hazira near Surat, as well as at the company's large, modern fabrication facility at Sohar in Oman.
This contract was won through a competitive bidding process against international competitors. L&T has a strong track record of timely completion of similar projects for the upstream Oil & Gas sector.
Operates 37 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Larsen & Toubro more info
- LTHE Sees India Investing $5B in Offshore Upstream Sector Over 5 Years (Aug 16)
- GE, LTHE Ink MOU to Manufacture Subsea Manifolds for India's DW Projects (Aug 12)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)