Keppel Receives $40,000 Bonus for Early Rig Delivery
Keppel FELS Ltd. received U.S. $40,000 from Awilco Offshore ASA for the early delivery of jack-up drilling rig.
Built to Keppel's proprietary KFELS B Class design, the rig was delivered 10 days ahead of contractual schedule to Awilco without any lost time incidents during its construction.
The rig is the second of three rigs Keppel FELS is building for Awilco. The first rig was also delivered ahead of schedule in December 2006. The third rig is scheduled for delivery in second quarter 2009.
Lady Sponsor, Ann Karin Refsland Fougner, wife of Henrik Fougner, managing director of Awilco, named the rig "WilBoss" at a ceremony held at Keppel FELS on February 16, 2008.
"Amidst the yard's current heavy workload, this high quality, high performance rig was constructed within 21 months and without a single lost-time incident," Tong Chong Heong, managing director and COO of Keppel O&M, said.
"I am pleased to announce that as the result of this superb performance, Awilco has rewarded Keppel FELS with a U.S. $40,000 bonus."
"Today's ceremony is a milestone in our ambition to become a leading international drilling company," Henrik Fougner said. "To succeed, we need premium assets and a premium organization. When building at Keppel FELS you know you get a premium asset."
WilBoss is the 19th KFELS B Class jack-up drilling rig to enter the market since the design was launched in 2000. The rig design has been chosen by oil companies and drilling contractors as a benchmark for jack-up rigs in worldwide operations.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)
Company: Keppel Offshore & Marine Limited more info
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)
- Bumi Armada's LNG FSU Leaving Singapore Soon to Work for EletroGas Malta (Aug 11)
- McDermott, N-KOM Signs MOU to Jointly Pursue EPCI Projects Offshore Qatar (Jul 27)