ROC Oil Well Offshore Australia Off to Good Start
Roc Oil (WA) Pty Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ROC, advises that at 1830 hours (local time) on February 12, 2008, the Premium "WilCraft" jack-up drilling rig commenced drilling the Frankland-2 appraisal well in WA-286-P, in the North Perth Basin, offshore Western Australia.
As at 0600 hours (local time) on 13 February 2008 the current operation was running 20" casing to 119 mBRT.
Frankland-2, an appraisal well approximately one kilometer northeast of the 2007 Frankland-1 gas discovery, is the second of the planned two well exploration/appraisal program in the region. Frankland-2 is scheduled to reach a proposed total depth of 2,278 meters by the end of February 2008.
Participating Interests in the WA-286-P joint venture are: Roc Oil (WA) Pty Limited, 37.5%; AWE Oil (Western Australia) Pty Ltd, 27.5%; ARC Energy (Offshore PB) Limited, 30.0%; CIECO Exploration and Production (Australia) Pty Ltd, 5.0%.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)
Company: CIECO Exploration & Production more info
- Japan Far East Gas, Gazprom Ink MOU for Vladistok LNG Project (Jun 24)
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)