Acergy Reports $150 Million Deepwater Contract Award in Australia
Acergy S.A. the award of a $150 million contract from Woodside for offshore installation work on the Pluto LNG Project North West of Karratha, Western Australia.
The contract includes the installation of subsea manifolds, valve structures, umbilicals, a mono-ethylene glycol injection line and pipeline stabilisation as well as the tie-in of flowlines in water depths of up to 850 metres. Engineering work started in April 2007, on receipt of the letter of intent, with offshore installation by the Toisa Proteus scheduled to commence in the second half of 2009.
Jeff Champion, Vice President Acergy Asia and Middle East, said, "The Pluto contract award further solidifies our position in Australia and continues to build upon the strong relationship we have with Woodside. We are proud to be part of such a major project as Pluto which will significantly increase Australia's supply of LNG and boost the Western Australian economy. This award also validates our strategy to invest significantly in people and assets and dedicate a best in class, deepwater heavy construction vessel to the region."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)