TGS Begins Major Multiclient Aeromagnetic Program in Libya
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company (TGS) has undertaken a large scale multi-client aeromagnetic study in Libya. The study is being jointly acquired with Libyan partners AGESCO and NAGECO under an agreement with the National Oil Corporation (NOC) of Libya. This milestone program will be acquired in several phases and will eventually provide data over all petroliferous basins in Libya. The initial phase of the program includes over 250,000 kilometers of data to be acquired in a regional grid and will cover all of offshore Libya as well as several onshore basins. Multiple aircraft will be used simultaneously to acquire the data quickly and efficiently. Data acquisition and processing of the initial phase of the program is expected to take approximately six months.
Upon completion, the aeromagnetic data and interpretation will be used by oil companies for the geological evaluation of new areas for bid rounds and for complementing ongoing work programs in licensed concessions. The data will also be used by NOC for research programs.
The Libya aeromagnetic program is supported by industry prefunding.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)