AJE 4 Well Offshore Nigeria Spuds
Providence Resources Plc is pleased to confirm that, in conjunction with its AJE Partners (comprising Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited acting as the Operator, Chevron Nigeria Deepwater H Limited acting as the Technical Adviser, Vitol Exploration Nigeria Limited, Energy Equity Resources Aje Limited and P.R. Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited), drilling of the AJE 4 well has now commenced.
The AJE 4 well is being drilled using the Transocean Deepwater Pathfinder drillship. Drilling operations are expected to take up to nine weeks. In the success case, the partners are not planning to flow test the well but to install production casing and suspend the well as a possible future producer.
"We are delighted to confirm that the AJE 4 drilling operations have now commenced, allowing us to assess the full reserve potential of the AJE Field," said Tony O'Reilly, Chief Executive of Providence Resources.
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Providence Resources PLC more info
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)