Hyundai Uses AVEVA PDMS to Build Gas Injection Offshore Facilty
AVEVA reported that Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) will be using AVEVA PDMS in the construction of the Umm Shaif gas injection facilities (USGIF) project, which lies approximately 150 kilometres north-west of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. HHI’s Offshore & Engineering Division will carry out the work on an EPC turnkey basis.
The USD $1.6 billion USGIF project, one of the world's largest offshore developments, involves the supply and installation of three platforms, sub-sea pipelines and modifications to wellhead towers. It also incorporates a mega compression platform to be located two kilometres from the existing Umm Shaif super complex (USSC) and connected to an accommodation platform. The third platform, containing an oil separation unit, will be connected to the existing USSC.
Kwan Ho Kim, Deputy General Manager of C.I.E Team Offshore Design & Engineering Control Department / Offshore & Engineering Division, HHI said, "We have been using AVEVA PDMS since 1988. Throughout the years we have immensely benefited from higher design efficiency and improved project quality."
Peter Finch, President, AVEVA Asia Pacific, said, "AVEVA solutions are globally recognised in the Offshore Industry. With AVEVA PDMS, our customers can benefit from an increase in productivity that brings high-quality plants online earlier."
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: AVEVA more info
- Software Firm AVEVA Sees Increased Uncertainly in Oil & Gas Market (Jan 26)
- AVEVA Boosts Presence in Middle East, Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia (Jan 15)
- AVEVA Opens 2nd R&D Center in Hyderabad, Plans to Hire More Technologists (Apr 28)