StatoilHydro to Use Transocean Leader on Stetind Well
StatoilHydro has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to drill exploration well 6605/8-2 with the Transocean Leader.
The Stetind prospect is in production license 283 and is located in the Voring basin approximately 125 kilometers west by northwest of Norne.
Drilling is scheduled to start in February 2008 and expected to take approximately ninety-eight days.
Transocean Leader semisub received its Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in December 2004.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)