TGS Commences First Wide-Azimuth Project with WesternGeco
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company (TGS) announced that it, in conjunction with co-operation partner WesternGeco, has commenced the acquisition of the multi-client wide-azimuth (WAZ) 3D survey known as the mcWAZ Freedom Phase. The Freedom Phase will cover over 650 OCS blocks in the Mississippi Canyon and Atwater Valley areas offshore Louisiana.
TGS and WesternGeco announced a co-operation agreement in late 2007 to jointly acquire the mcWAZ Program, which marks TGS' entry into the WAZ multi-client market and is part of the WesternGeco 2008 program of 1,300 blocks of new multi-client wide-azimuth acquisition.
The mcWAZ Program will utilize WesternGeco Q-Technology and onboard wave equation (WEM) depth migration in order to provide a quick-look migrated data volume. TGS has recently created an anisotropic velocity model which has been calibrated to over 280 check shot surveys in and around the program area. This model will be utilized in the onboard quick-look product.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: WesternGeco more info
- OGA Awards Contracts for UK Government Funded Seismic Campaign (Jul 13)
- WesternGeco Unveils Enhanced Imaging Technique (Apr 23)
- TGS Begins Gulf of Mexico Survey with WesternGeco (Dec 12)