Honorees Revealed in Subsea UK Business Awards 2008
The shortlist for the subsea industry's prestigious awards has been revealed. A total of 10 companies, chosen from a wide and varied group of nominations received from organisations around the UK, are in the running for the Subsea UK Business Awards 2008.
The awards aim to recognise excellence and achievement across the rapidly expanding subsea sector and feature categories for individuals as well as small and large organisations. The categories are Best Young Subsea Personality, Subsea Company of the Year and Best New Subsea Business. An award will also be presented to the individual who has made the greatest contribution to the subsea industry in 2007.
Recognition of the outstanding work, achievement and innovation in the sector will be celebrated at the awards dinner on February 13th. The Subsea 08 Conference – A View to the Future – will be held on February 13th at the AECC and the sell out Subsea 08 Exhibition, Europe's largest Subsea showcase, will welcome visitors on February 14th, also at the AECC.
The shortlisted entrants are: Best Young Subsea Personality: Acergy - Peter Moore, Brinker Technology - Klaire Evans, and Fugro - Adele Morrison; Subsea Company of the Year: Acergy, Expro North Sea Ltd, and Prospect; Best Newcomer to the Subsea Industry: Bibby Offshore Ltd, Brinker Technology, and Optical Metrology Services Ltd; and Greatest Individual Contribution to the Subsea Industry: BP - Dave Turner, National Hyperbaric Centre - David Smith, and Technip - Rob Fisher.
Subsea UK chief executive David Pridden said: "These awards are an opportunity for the subsea profession to recognise those high-flying organisations and individuals who have shown flair, creativity and vision in subsea.
"The sector is full of talented professionals with the ability and desire to take the industry into a new era, both in terms of technology and performance. We are delighted with the diverse range of companies and individuals on this year's shortlist and look forward to announcing the winners."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: Fugro more info
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Expro International Group more info
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)
Company: Bibby more info
- Bibby Secures North Sea Services Contract with BP (Jul 06)
- Bibby Offshore Delivers Multi-Million Dollar Decommissioning Contracts (Sep 08)
- Seven Winners at 'Biggest Ever' Oil & Gas UK Awards (Nov 07)
Company: Brinker Technology more info
- Brinker Names New CEO (Sep 08)
- Brinker Taps New CEO to Lead Expansion into Water Sector (Apr 13)
- Brinker Chooses New Chairman to Drive Future Growth (Nov 13)