CNOOC, Talisman Agree on $212.5M Tangguh LNG Project Deal
CNOOC Limited has reached an agreement with Talisman Energy Inc. to sell a 3.06% working interest in the Tangguh LNG Project with a consideration of US$ 212.5 million. The transaction has been completed through the equity transfer of an indirect subsidiary of CNOOC Limited and became effective on 1 January 2008 (Hong Kong time).
The Tangguh LNG Project, located in West Papua, Indonesia, consists of a number of offshore gas wells, production facilities, pipelines and LNG plant facilities with a nameplate capacity of 7.6 million tons per year. The Project comprises three PSC areas: the Berau PSC, the Muturi PSC and the Wiriagar PSC. First LNG is expected in late 2008.
Before the transaction, CNOOC Ltd. owned 16.96% of working interests in Tangguh project.
"Such an agreement between both companies is consistent with the portfolio management strategy of CNOOC Ltd. so as to maximize shareholders' value", Mr. Fu Chengyu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company commented, "With significant presence remained in Tangguh project, we welcome Talisman as a new partner to further develop the gas business, which I believe, will bring generous return to the Company and the shareholders as a whole."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: CNOOC more info
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)